The Head of Babies and Toddlers
Mount Kelly School Hong Kong as Hong Kong’s first British Preparatory School for boys and girls aged from 6 months to 13 years old. We are proud of our strong links with Mount Kelly School, a leading independent school in England and we share in their tradition of excellence and the core values that they embody. The ethos of the school is one of excellence within a supportive and family orientated environment.
Mount Kelly provides academic success together with broad opportunities in music, art, drama, and sport provide an all-round education.
We are fortunate to have been able to draw on their educational expertise and utilise these in a new exciting school, incorporating the very best of British independent education. Mount Kelly Hong Kong will, as far as possible, adopt the values, ethos and learning opportunities offered to the pupils in the UK school. Mount Kelly Hong Kong will closely follow the policies and schemes of work, that Mount Kelly UK currently use. Mount Kelly Hong Kong will endeavour to offer a very similar education to its sister school, but within a Hong Kong setting.
The curriculum of our school follows closely the English National Curriculum and school environment, using the National Curriculum as a framework but facilitated within the context of Hong Kong and our International cohort of pupils.
We are committed to providing very strong academic standards, combined with an outstanding range of co-curricular activities and superb pastoral care. We firmly believe in offering children every opportunity to benefit from a genuinely well-rounded education. Each child will be encouraged to fulfil his or her own potential in both curricular and co-curricular activities.
The Head of Babies and Toddlers is a new role to oversee the Babies and Toddlers programme at Mount Kelly School Hong Kong. The list below is not exhaustive:
The Head of Babies and Toddlers will be responsible for the day to day running of the Babies and Toddlers sessions to ensure safe, stimulating play and to provide for the needs of the children. This will involve planning, preparing and delivering play based activities appropriate for children aged 6 months to 3 years old. The Head of Babies and Toddlers reports to the Head of Preschool as their direct line manager. The list below is not exhaustive:
• Preparing short, medium and long term planning for the groups
• To take leadership of the Babies and Toddlers staff and classes, holding regular meetings with staff.
• Development of the Babies and Toddlers in terms of reputation and growth
• Provide safe, stimulating group play to meet the social, linguistic, creative, physical, imaginative, emotional needs of each child
• Establish productive working relationships with children and acting as a role model
• Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all children within the Babies and Toddlers
• Organise and manage appropriate learning environment and resources
• Select and prepare resources to take account of the children’s interests, language and cultural background
• Plan appropriate play-based activities for individual children, taking account of guidance from the Head of Preschool
• Monitor, evaluate and adjust individual plans as appropriate as the children reach their next stage in their development
• Take responsibility for the development and implementation of appropriate behaviour management strategies appropriate for the age and ability of the children in the group
• Establish constructive relationships with parents/carers, exchanging information
• Encourage all children to interact and work cooperatively with others and engage all children in activities
• Ensure there is a good, happy atmosphere at each session
• To manage resources effectively and ensure classrooms are left tidy and ready for the next session
• Take time to listen and respond to children and encourage them to develop
• Provide information and advice to enable the children to make choices about their own behaviour.
• Promote independence and employ strategies to recognise and reward achievement of self-reliance.
• Ensure the children are supervised at all times
• Ensure any accidents are recorded in the incident log
• Deal with visitors to the Babies and Toddlers
• Participate in training and other learning activities as appropriate
• Ensure that there are good standards of hygiene and that equipment is safe and regularly checked for repair.
• Take part in and help with the organisation of special events
• Such other duties as may be assigned by the Head of Preschool.
• Attend staff meetings and regular weekly meetings with the Head of Preschool Ensure wider communication of the Babies and Toddlers activities for example, by contributing to the MKSHK newsletter and social media.
• Fun-loving, outgoing, enthusiastic and LOVES young children
• Energetic and interested in early childhood development
• Fluent spoken English