Reports to: Head of Prep and Preschool/ Class Teacher
Mount Kelly School Hong Kong provides a new and exciting opportunity for parents in Hong Kong. Mount Kelly School Hong Kong will provide an excellent foundation for learning that will develop pupils to become independent, well grounded, confident and ready to face the challenges ahead. Mount Kelly School Hong Kong will promote educational excellence and tradition through a forward-thinking, all-round curriculum within which the needs of individual pupils are fostered.
Mount Kelly School Hong Kong as Hong Kong’s first British Preparatory School for boys and girls aged 5-14. We are proud of our strong links with Mount Kelly School, a leading independent school in England and we share in their tradition of excellence and the core values that they embody. The ethos of the school is one of excellence within a supportive and family orientated environment. Mount Kelly provides academic success together with broad opportunities in music, art, drama, and sport provide an all-round education.
We are fortunate to have been able to draw on their educational expertise and utilise
these in a new exciting school, incorporating the very best of British independent education. Mount Kelly Hong Kong will, as far as possible, adopt the values, ethos and learning opportunities offered to the pupils in the UK school. Mount Kelly Hong Kong will closely follow the policies and schemes of work, that Mount Kelly UK currently use. Mount Kelly Hong Kong will endeavour to offer a very similar education to its sister school, but within a Hong Kong setting.
The curriculum of our school will follow closely the English National Curriculum and
school environment, using the National Curriculum as a framework but facilitated within the context of Hong Kong and our International cohort of pupils.
The Teaching Assistant is responsible to the Class Teacher and is expected to work as a member of a team with his/her colleagues, treating them with the courtesy and consideration as fellow professionals.
Under the direction and control of a classroom teacher, the Teaching Assistant is to provide support and assist teachers in the development and education of pupils in our school, by undertaking teaching and non-teaching tasks related to classroom activities and providing basic supervision and care skills.
• To assist in the supervision of pupils inside or outside the classroom, including on visits outside the school premises.
• To assist with individual, predetermined learning activities, such as reading, listening to pupils read and stimulating learning through play, in order to further the educational development of pupils.
• To take all reasonable measures to ensure health and safety in the classroom and other relevant areas within and outside the school premises.
• To provide care, attend to pupils’ personal needs and undertake activities necessary to meet the physical, emotional and educational requirements of individual or groups of pupils, utilising a basic range of skills, under close supervision from teaching staff.
• To assist in supervising the activities of groups of pupils or individual pupils, who do not have complex needs, in class in order to ensure their safety, facilitate their educational development and develop a supportive and caring relationship.
• To assist in specialist lessons where required including PE.
• To undertake other relevant duties allocated at the discretion of the classroom teacher or Head of Mount Kelly Hong Kong Pre-Prep.
• To maintain records of pupils’ progress as instructed by the classroom teacher
• Assisting with classroom displays – teachers will make professional decisions in determining what material is displayed in and around their classroom.
• To observe pupils as individuals and in groups and report problems and progress to the classroom teacher or other designated person.
• To prepare display materials and teaching aids and clean and tidy up after use.
Health and Safety
• Maintain a safe and positive teaching and learning environment. Complete relevant paperwork as directed.
• Teachers are required to take reasonable care for his/her own health and safety and abide by the School’s Health & Safety policy.
• Safeguard the well-being of the pupils in his/her charge.
• Encourage pupils to value themselves and others in the quality and nature of their learning.
• Set an example to all pupils by showing a personal attitude of co-operation, consideration and positive relationships with all members of the School.
• Meet with parents as required by the day to day educational, social and welfare needs of his/her pupils.
• Be familiar with the contents of all School Policies, especially Child Protection issues.
• Participate in the School’s Appraisal system as per the Staff Development Policy.
• Attend internal and external training courses and INSET as directed by the Senior Management Team, whenever other teaching commitments allow. Provide feedback to colleagues on courses attended.
If you are interested in the exciting prospects of working at Mount Kelly School Hong Kong, please contact us in confidence by sending your CV with photograph and Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org. For regular updates and information about when we will be advertising in major educational publications, please check our website and social media.
MKSHK is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening background checks as part of their pre-employment enquiries.